Thursday, April 29, 2010

Even in darkness

Being a part of the ipod generation has completely transformed the way I listen to music. I only download those songs that I instantly like and I'm constantly skipping through songs like I have ADD. Of course you could always do this with cd's but something about having a particular album in my stereo allowed me to become familiar with an entire album and sooner or later, the songs that I had initially skipped over would start to grow on me. Often times those songs become more likable than the smash hit that motivated me to buy the album in the first place. In light of this realization, I'm going to start making a conscious effort to download entire albums so that I don't miss out on those diamonds in the rough that could very well end up being life long favourites. This whole thing got me thinking of how there are very few albums that I listen to from start to finish without feeling the urge to fast forward or skip through a single beat. One in particular is Dungeon Family's 'Even in Darkness'. I even listen to those intros which basically involve statements like, "Yo shawty, wassaup?" "Yo nigga I wanna fuck yo rims" and, "Y'all wanna fuck my rims?" Start to finish, I LOVE this album despite the fact that I have no idea what it means to wanna fuck someone's rims...



No comments:

Post a Comment